Today is Soup Monday..
Mondays are great for soup as there is never anything in the cupboards as I do not do food shopping on the weekends.
Mainly cause food stores makes me aggresive, so I don't really do food shopping at all. I leave that to A. He is very good at it.
So today, in a very cold and rainy London it will be soup monday, and i'll make Spicy Tomato and Chickpea soup.
It's a very simple soup to make.
1. Take 1 tin chickpeas and 1 tin crushed tomatoes.
2. Chop loads of garlic, 1 onion, and some chilli, fry soft in a pot with a little olive oil. Put in herbs that you like. I do rosemary and/or thyme.
3. Throw in any random veg that is left over. Thinks that are looking a bit tired in the fridge for example and fry lightly.
4. Put in stock and water to cover.
5. Boil for about 20-25 min.
6. Blend with a imersion mixer.
eat with parmesan cheese. Any leftovers can be eaten with a pasta...
It's very warming, very tasty, and very healthy and takes very little time.
All good on a monday...