Friday 15 May 2009

Impressions of Hong Kong

As we have left Hong Kong and moved on to Thailand I've been thinking of my impressions of Hong Kong. If you like big brand shopping Hong Kong is your city. Really, every brand has at least 4 or 5 shops in the main part of Kowloon and Hong Kong island.

It's a interesting place to visit as it has so many different sides to it. We stayed on Kowloon in the Mong Kok area, which is an older more residential area. On our last day we went to the oldest most traditional food market in Mong Kok and look what we found..
Dragon Fruit



And a large cage of....ohh what is that.

Ohhh yes a large cage of Toads.

Apparently Toads are very good to eat when you are a bit weak and often given to women after child birth. Myself, I would squeeze my knees together to keep that baby from coming out so I wouldn't have to eat the toads. But hey that is just me, and I'm a bit fussy with food.

We also killed some time on the hotels roof top swimming pool, which was lovely, I am now able to swim a 4 length pyramid in front crawl. So I'm slowly improving.


View from roof top pool


Then we went for the afternoon tea...with the tiniest scones in the whole wide world.
Tiny Tea

Now in accounts for my very bad research and planning, Thailand has just entered rain season, so that is good at least I wont spend my holiday getting a tan. I can't believe myself. I really need to start checking out places before I got to them, it's been the same thing in every single place I visit :-).

Anyway, it's nice and hot and humid, so that is a plus, and the hotel/guesthouse is amazing looking, Pak Chiang Mai and I can't wait to go and get some food cause I love Thai food. As it's raining i'm going to go to a Cooking school, and maybe have a whole day spa thing.......

No comments:

Post a Comment