Tuesday 14 April 2009

The power of NOWness

I’m quite a now person, I want to start now, I want to finish now, I do not tend to procrastinate. I would rather do things I need to do straight away as the stress of thinking of having to do it is always worse then actually doing it.

That is why I like training in the morning, then I have it done. I do not have to sit and think about the training I have to do later. I like to clean and tidy before breakfast, so I don’t have to sit an eat breakfast and think about the cleaning I have to do.

As I’ve said before, we are moving to Australia on the 8:th of may. And I just want everything sorted. I want to have what is to be given away given away, what is to be thrown out in the trashcan, what is to be sold with their new owners.

Unfortunately it does not work like that, as I need to have bed until we leave, and I need to be able to cook food, and I do need to be able to eat the food of something. This means every time I open a drawer in the kitchen I mentally go through my list of things that needs to get done and I have to remind myself to not forget to give the pizza slizzer to someone. (Actually I think I’ll keep it, not that I eat a lot of pizza but it’s really good for scoring paper, so Now I need to put that in my craft box)

So I want to have things done already, to get on with the other things that needs to get done. But it doesn’t work that way, and it freaks me out.

Now I’ve found out that the Emirates can’t really change our flights the way we want them such that we can avoid Bangkok. So I will now focus my NOWness on figuring out a way to get around that…maybe go straight to Kuala Lumpur and take a cheap air asia fligh from there to Hong Kong och then back to Kuala Lumpur to get to penang or langkawi. I will investigate

No comments:

Post a Comment