Friday 17 April 2009

First time in a long time

Today was the first time in a long time I went to do training and I liked it. It was a revelation; I had forgotten that I love the feeling of straining muscles and the type of tiredness that forces you to sit your arse down. I’m so unfit that it happens a lot.

It was also the first time in a long time when the muscles I was training was hurting more then my hip. Don’t get me wrong, with every step I take still feels like someone is punching me in the hip, snapping at my muscles, the scar still pulls and every time I touch the scar it hurts. But today my shoulders, chest and thigh muscles hurt more. And I loved it. Now don’t get me wrong it’s not like I like pain per se; but I don’t mind it, or I don’t really feel it. Except tooth ache, I can’t stand tooth ache.

I know the surgeon said it would take 9 moths to a year to get back to strength, and I have refused to believe him attempting to run after 2 months. Now I kind of get it, it’s getting better; much better, but very very very very slowly. Now one day maybe I will be able to run again. I don’t know. I hope so. Today that didn’t feel so important. Just the fact that I could do my 50 to a 100 speedy lounges without crying made this day a real good one.

So I’ve given myself a little goal. I shall be able to do 3 *15 Jackknife push ups by the end of May. I can now do 9,4,4 in my sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment