Tuesday 6 October 2009

A friend of mine asked me to describe her ....

How do you describe someone that you love and miss without sounding cheesy and stupid? How do explain in a few sentences how much a person means to you and how much happiness they have brought to your life. How they saved you from being a needy girlfriend watching too much basketball from the sideline and instead took you to the movies, I mean I did have to stalk her in the beginning to make her do that but still.

It’s hard. It’s hard to say why someone is so special. With family it’s easier, She is my sister I love her. That is easy. As with the word sister come a direct connection whether you like or not. Actually if it is a sister you can not like her for a bit and still Love her. I think that is how my older sister and I spent our teenage years. In-between fist fighting. I Like and Love all my sisters. They are such fab role models for how to live your life authenticly.

But friends it’s harder. How do you tell them they are fantastic when you are not drunk by the bar drooling “ I love you, you are my best friend hick”.....We are not Americans, hence the Love word comes harder. It’s also hard to describe why person is so fantastic. It’s like when people have asked me why I love A and all I’ve come up with is “he accepts that I’m like I am and he makes me calm”. It does not sound like much of an explanation of love or caring or give any indication how much he has meant to my life.

I think I will try to get better at the explanations why I like people. I know I like to hear why people like me. I’m sure I’m not the only one. So everyone, expect really soppy birthday cards in the coming year.

3 comments:

  1. Bra tanke, jag skall också försöka bli bättre på det!
    Vad svarade du din vänn

    // Mvh katarina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Måste bara kommentera "what do you want out of life".
    Undvik att välja!!
    Jag tycker att du skall försöka göra allt samtidigt. Det vill säga vara kärriär människa, yoga freak och french-darkness. Titta bara på Madonna, jag tycker att hon har ju lyckats kombinera detta. Det kan vara svårt, och ibland blir det inte helt rätt. Ett exempel på detta är när hon vill vara lite "gangsta" och rappar om sitt hälsosamma liv(?!) i en av sina sånger, då väljer hon att rappa "I do yoga and pilates, and I drink soja lattes". Jag vet inte om det är en bra kombination...
    Men du kanske skulle kunna dricka rödvin i stället för öl på jobbet, använda massor av svart kajal, och skriva dikter om yoga och simning?
    (Det skulle i alla fall vara väldigt underhållande för oss andra)
    Massa Kramar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man får inte glömma bort att tala om för sin mamma också att man älskar henne. Mamman älskar alla sina döttrar och son också. Väldigt mycket och av samma anledning å ena sidan; för att ni är mina barn; och å andra sidan för era mycket olika personligheter. Det är en lycka att ha sådana barn som jag har. Kramar mamma

    ReplyDelete