Tuesday 25 August 2009

Happy B'day at last


I finaly finished my sisters birthday rings. As she and all my other sisters (3 in total) have the smallest fingers and she didn't really specify what size she was. Eventhought I've asked a houndred (well 3) times.

So I made one that is slightly to big for my pinky finger and one that is slightly to small for my pinky finger. I know her size is somewhere in between there.

I also added the other little heart ring for my niece.

The stones are 3 mm rhodolite garnets with a strong dark pink/red/purple colour.
Rhodolite garnets are one of my favourite coloured stones, they are not nasty barbie pink like some pink topaz and not to dark red like some almandine garnets. They are strong and hard to scratch and they are quite reasonable priced. So all in all, a really good gemstone

So happy Birthday sister K, it's just a 2.5 months late. I'll post them tommorow.
Now I'm gonna watch project runway, drink tea, eat chocolate and then complain about my unexplained weight gain.

3 comments:

  1. the rings you've made her looks great, they're so right for Katarina and will fit her style great! And congratulations on selling the pearl ring, I loved it and am not surprised that it went away so fast! congrats on everything! And I wish that I was good at making as special stuff like yours for gifts, they really mean a lot to the recievers! kram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I håller med everything that Lovisa says, jag önskar också jag kunde göra speciella saker. Vad jag kan göra är nog små gratulationskort som jag målar med alla mina vackra färger som jag fått, så ni riskerar alla att få såna kort, med alldeles vulgära och blaffiga blommor på. Inga konstverk. OCh inte kommer jag kunna göra såna där roliga kommentarer till heller. Fantastiska ringar Maria, men vet du, brevet som jag skrev på har försvunnit. Det är bara att börja om! tusen kramar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Åh!! Gud vilka fina rigar, jag blir superglad.
    Jag älskar dem redan, och stenarna är helt perfekta. Precis min stil - du är en gudinna!! Nu skall jag bara lyckas hålla dem ifrån Alva. Jag måste köpa något som jag kan ha smycken i. Har du några tipps?

    ReplyDelete