Monday 16 November 2009

72 buttons and counting

I've started a new job today. Yes a new one. I started the old one and found that I didn't really like it as much as I had hoped. So now I've started a new one more similar to my old old one in London.

The jury is still out on whether it has been a good decision. I've just come home from my first day and there are some massive differences.

I sit on the trading floor, it's loud and noisy and people everywhere, the phone is ringing almost at all time. The office is very fancy looking. With a kitchen area with a fridge filled with free drinks and big bowls of biscuits and a caffe style ccoffee maker. So all very fancy pantsy..

The funniest thing is the ladies bathroom. You know all those super groomed and well made up city girls that you see around, you know the ones that always still look box fresh at 7 o clock at night. I have always wondered how they do that. Well I know now. They all leave huge make up bags in the bathroom at the office. The whole bathroom is chockers with make up bags and hair straighteners and hair dryers and all sort of things. It's very impressive.

The other funny thing is I have a phone on my desk with 72 buttons on it that flashes my name when someone rings for me.

I have yet to successfully make a phone call on it.

3 comments:

  1. låter som en härlig första dag. bra att du insuper det häftiga också, att du ju också är en sån tjej som ser sådär tuff och glammig ut, utan plattång.

    Se upp så du håller i dina stressnivåer på det nya jobbet, tycker iaf det låter som om du kommer trivas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oj vad häftigt det låter. Jag hoppas att det blir bra! Du är tuff som sjutton som följer vad du tror och inte bara faller undan utan tar tag i din situation. Önskar att jag var lika duktig och tuff. Du har en gammal beundrare i mig. DEen mest långvariga!!!
    Ppp M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mianfian, det låter inte så tokigt i alla fall, både tjejer, gratis dricka och ett stort damrum. Du kommer klara dig, det gör du alltid, du måste bara fatta att du är bäst först.

    ReplyDelete