Sunday 9 May 2010

Bondi to Bronte

This weekend has come with the most amazing weather. Which you can see in the picture. It's 25 degrees and bright blue skies. I'm not wearing a scarf cause it's cold but because I don't want to burn my chest as I'm only wearing spf 30.

Today we went for a walk along the beach side walk to from Bondi beach to Bronte beach. It's one of the most popular beach walks in Sydney I think. I like it cause it's by the beach and the possibility to stare on the perfect people with the surgically enhanced body structures is big. It's a place where a lot of beatifull people go to run. I like it. I however don't run there. I just watch others do it.

However I did go for my first longer distance run in 2.5 years and it seems that the hip could hack it. It wasn't a long run or fast. But it was in a continous incline, 4.5 km in 30 min. So not to bad for being the first go in a long time.

My plan is to be able to run the city to surf run that is on every year in June/July, it's 14 km. I'm not planning to run it this year. But next year, that way I will have a goal for my physio. Cause belive me, if you need to do 150 double knee bends, and 50 single kneebends every day you do need a goal.

So that is it. City to Surf 2011.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. great picture, I wish we had that weather, I mean it's the 9th of may, and we have six degrees and rain in Stockholm... but we had sun this week and my balcony really came in handy! Heja heja med springandet, se upp för tävlingskänslor och smärta" PUSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej snygging, wow vilken härlig bild. Jag lyckades få upp den via skype!
    Fantastiskt att ha en sån beach walk i närheten. Jag längtar tills vi kan komma och hälsa på dig. Kram K

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s a little different to Swden for the moment.Theortical we are in the middle of spring but it´s more like late winter. Friday when I went out running it wa 1.6 degrees over ZERO!!!! But the summer will come and then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hip operation happened when I was 2, and I still can't run 4.5km in 30 minutes. That is seriously impressive.

    But I have got my new trainers, running gear, sports watch and aipod armband. All I need now is the ability to run for more than 20 minutes straight without wanting to die.

    Monica x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Underbart gumman jag förstår att du var glad att kunna springa igen. Själv instämmer jag med alla andra stackare som bor i det här landet; fy fasen vad det är kallt. OCh grått. Skillnaden mot i vintras är att det är liiite grönt på träden och ingen snö. Skit.

    ReplyDelete