Wednesday 18 August 2010

Dancing queen


Went salsa dancing last night, I am in no form a great dancer on club dance floor and I'm not a big fan really. But I love all types of couple dancing, waltz, foxtrot, salsa what have you I'm there. I think it's because there are rules, there are actual steps that you are suppose to take. I can do that. 1,2,3,4 and to the side then I'm golden.

The place that we went to looked like normal city bar on a Tuesday, plenty of suits standing around grabbing their drinks and bragging about their profits and commiserating their losses. Then about at ten to eight in the evening all these girls in nice dresses and danceable shoes started to trickle in. I didn't pay that much attention as I was hanging out with new friend San and learning more about her super glamorous job. At eight they had a little step session, explaining the basic steps it seemed, we missed out on that cause we where busy loosening up by drinking a little wine.

And then all of a sudden the whole floor exploded with all these couples who where such great great great dancers. It was such a joy to see. All these people really having the greatest time on a Tuesday night in the middle of the CBD. So I danced a little, with a few people which was so much fun, no matter that my legs and feet and arms where all going in the wrong direction most of the time.

So I'm going to find myself a proper dance class and learn this for real. I am after all my fathers daughter. Focused dancing overbite and all.

2 comments:

  1. Salsa dancing is hot, and so are you, so you'll learn really fast I think. You HAVE to wear a swirly skirt the next time, I assume you feel like you're so much better at the whole dancing part then=) Bissou!

    ReplyDelete